Amenity packed vacation rental right on the lake. These amenities include free use of 2 canoes, 2 kayaks, and even a paddle boat! It is loaded with other features such as Direct TV and Blue Ray. This cabin also stocks many other items that makes packing the vehicle light! This vacation rental is perfect for the whole family as it sleeps 6 comfortably at a great price starting at $150.00 nightly.
Located right on the lake, the dock and small boat launch allows you to drop the boat in the water and cruise away into the sun. We encourage dinner on the lakeside patio with the gas grill or charcoal grill, whichever you prefer to cook your catch of the day. Fishing on Beaver Dam Lake is great for Panfish, Largemouth Bass, Northern Pike, and Walleye.
Beaver Dam is also quite active for those that are looking for things to do. Beaver Dam Raceway is a way to spend the afternoon/evening watching midget car racing, sprint racing and more. The Beaverland Must-Skis ski show is also a great, award winning show to watch and best of all, it’s free. To outside adventurists, opportunities are abound as hiking, golfing, ice fishing and biking are within the area. Enjoy the Annual Lake Days and Dodge County Fair-where nationally known acts come to stage!
Beaver Dam is conveniently located an hour away from Madison, 1 hour from Oshkosh and 1.5 hours away from Milwaukee for local events and shopping.
Here is what a reviewer had to say:
Our stay at the Lake House was extremely peaceful and serene. The house and property exceeded our expectations. We launched boats, fished and cooked out right on the property. The owners of the property were especially gracious and helpful. Overall everyone in our group tremendously enjoyed our stay and we are planning on returning next year. Happy Fisherman. Magnolia, IL
It’s always been a question Wisconsin vacation rental owners ask themselves; “Should we allow pets at our vacation rental property?” The answer will depend if they could use the extra bookings. Traveling with pets is a trend that’s not going away any time soon, and I would be surprised if it ever went away, but the desire to bring pets along has become increasingly important in where vacationers stay. Other than instilling a pet deposit, what can you do to ensure that you do not turn away any business unless absolutely necessary?
Questions to ask renters about their pets:
- How big is your pet?
- What breed is she? Do you have papers to prove this?
- Has he been neutered or spade?
- Is he good around strangers?
- Is he potty trained?
- Do you leash the dog ( there could be a leash law)
- Has he had his shots?
- Are you planning on leaving your pet for any reason if you exit the property?
You might ask why it’s such a big deal to allow pets. They can be messy right? Well, there are a few bad apples out there but if you ask the right questions and prepare your home with the right stuff and give your guests directions, it can be nothing but smooth sailing from there, and guess what? You can actually charge more for your “pet friendly” Wisconsin cabin rentals.
A few suggestions for showing your guests that you will be accommodating but not walked all over:
- Create a welcome gift consisting of doggie bags, a helpful list of tick solutions, doggie treats and pet hair rollers for carpet or couches.
- Give a rundown where the carpet cleaner is, the glass cleaner and extra rags or booties for paws
- State a list for charges if something were to be damaged such as a couch or a window. Explain why there you charge more, such as cleaning fees to make sure all hair is out, cleaning vents and A/C units, etc….
Most guests are just happy that they can bring their pet for their vacation, eliminating the kennel fees and enjoying family and fun moments that the can share with their beloved pet.
We truly believe that Wisconsin Cabin Rentals offer some of the best memories ever made. Kids seem to enjoy the lakes and wide-open spaces and parents love giving the freedom to them while also experiencing a peaceful setting amongst nature. There is nothing like sitting outside for dinner on a picnic table with great food and a view of the lake or flowing river. Being able to roast marshmallows over the fire and catch fireflies under the stars are moments that last forever. We have compiled a list of reasons why we love renting cabins, cottages, lodges and homes.
- Hotels seem to force families or friends in separate living quarters, interrupting quality time and laughs created by spur of the moments that arise.
- Hotels have increasingly limited the number of guests in each room, only allowing 4-5 in a room, making you rent out several rooms, which can get expensive.
- Pets are part of the family and vacationers want them to come on vacation. Many cabins and cottages are accommodating towards your pets.
- Parking can be cumbersome when renting a hotel. Whether you park on the other side or 4 floors down, no one wants to mess with that.
- Don’t be suckered into going out to eat for all your meals. That can be costly. It can also mean taking time out of your day to make sure the family is presentable for dinner establishments and let’s face it, kids are always messy.
- It’s pretty hard to star gaze through a hotel window. With wide-open spaces and a yard to lay a blanket down, you can’t beat the star-gazing at a cabin.
- There’s no quiet hours. We’re not saying let’s get crazy but no one wants to have to whisper to their family down a hallway to get ice when they can talk normally on their way to the kitchen.
- Amenities in a cabin and a cottage can sometimes be pricey in a hotel. Take for instance fireplaces, boat rentals, Jacuzzis, full size kitchens, screen porches. Some cabins can be more rustic if back to nature suits you.
- When you return the next year, the hosts actually can remember you and your preferences.
- Cabins and Cottages are KID FRIENDLY. They let the kids run around, squeal with delight, chase after the dog, fish off the dock, swim at the beach, climb a tree and tell ghost stories around the fire.
YOU CAN’T HAVE YOUR OWN PRIVATE DECK AT A HOTEL.
It’s no secret were fans of Wisconsin cabins, cottages, lodges and vacation homes. We like to think that we are experts in the industry. Head to RentWisconsinCabins.com to view nearly 700 WI rentals. We have a unique interactive Map and a custom Narrow Your Search Tool.
We believe your family vacation should start with the online Search. We’ve made it fun and easy. You’re on cabin time now!
1. One website that is entirely focused on Wisconsin cabins, cottages, lodges and homes.
2. A website that offers a large selection.
3. A website where you can CONNECT and BOOK directly with the owners. These days, it’s hard to find. Have you noticed that most vacation rental websites now make your book through their site? Third-party websites take a commission on every booking. That means you’d likely pay more for the same rental because rental owners raise their rates. Not at RentWisconsinCabins.com: You always book directly with the owners and Save – Besides, the owners are your best tour guides, not booking websites.
4. Finally, you need a website that offers easy Search Tools that narrow your search.
When it’s vacation time, it’s time to visit RentWisconsinCabins.com.
Before we know it, winter will be here; so buckle up and get ready to enjoy the season. There is good news for all of our winter enthusiasts: Farmers’ Almanac predicts that the upcoming Wisconsin winter will be cold and snowy. To those thrill seeking vacationers who are out for an adventure, those looking to cozy up by the fireplace, and everyone in between – there are hundreds of Wisconsin vacation rentals for you to enjoy.
We are excited for winter and can’t wait to share how fun the season can be with everyone! Here are some ideas to get you ready for the winter wonderland.
Three Year-Round Wisconsin Vacation Rentals that are Great for a Winter Retreat:
The Northern Exposure vacation home in St. Germain, Wisconsin offers many winter-friendly amenities. Snowmobile right from your door to hundreds of miles on the Snowmobile Trail System. Or enjoy great snowshoeing or cross-country skiing on the many groomed trails in the area. End your day around the wood burning fireplace in the living room – ideal for anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.
Relax in southern Wisconsin at the Kettle Moraine Farmhouse, the ideal country retreat! The property, nestled in the Kettle Moraine State Forest, is just 100 feet from the Kettle Moraine cross-country trails. Plus, you are less than 10 miles from Apple Valley Resort for downhill skiing. In the evening, cozy up with family and friends around the stone fireplace.
Another great option in Wisconsin is the Lake View vacation cabin at the Eagle Waters Resort. This family friendly resort is right on the snowmobile trail! The resort includes The Trading Post where you will find a fitness center, sauna, library, activity/craft room, and more. Or bundle up and spend an afternoon ice fishing on Eagle Lake. The resort includes an ice fishing shanty available for guests!
These three vacation properties are a great option for a winter vacation in Wisconsin. Check out our website, you will find HUNDREDS of great vacation rental options. Over 500 vacation rentals on our website are year round!! The possibilities are endless.
If we ask vacationers to tell us their favorite vacation memory, we typically don’t expect to hear about their road trip. Bustled with excitement, the road trip always seems to take longer than anticipated. Traveling with kids? We’re sure you’re used to the classic, “ARE WE THERE YET?!” We don’t even think we’re crazy to suggest that some adults may have slipped this phrase now and then. And finally, as the vacation comes to a close and you’re all packed up you’ll think, “Do we really have to go now?” That’s the drive home that no one is ready for.
It’s time to enjoy the road trip too.
We get it. When compared to the vacation itself, it’s hard to compete. But as fall begins in Wisconsin, we want to change this mentality. Sure, biking the scenic trails of Wisconsin, visiting an apple orchard, enjoying autumn inspired events and other fun activities may trump the “drive time.” Yet, we can say that this colorful drive will be something to enjoy.
Don’t dread the travel time! It’s time to enjoy the colorful drive to your next vacation destination. It’s not too late to book your perfect Wisconsin vacation property. And where can you turn to find that? We’ve got you covered. Search over 700 Wisconsin vacation rentals & book directly with the property owners to save.
For those of you looking for a Wisconsin color report, we recommend using the Department of Tourism’s Fall Color Report tool – it’s pretty neat.
Believe it or not, winter is right around the corner! Wisconsin winters can be quite brutal at times, forcing the fun to move inside. But why not bring nature indoors to have the best of both worlds? Several properties listed at RentWisconsinCabins.com include a stone fireplace to keep you warm! Each one of these several properties will bring warmth into your cabin for your stay, the cozy way. Check out some of the links below to view the Top 5 property listings in and around Wisconsin with a stone fireplace. With a stone fireplace, it is generally the main focus of the room, as you can see in the photos below. Each link includes several photos of the entire property listing as well as a stone fireplace photo to help picture yourself cuddled up around the sizzling fire!
Top 5 Properties with this feature:
- The Conger Collection, Inc.: Eagle Point Private Residence
- The Conger Collection, Inc.: Island View II
- The Estrold Resort: Tamarack
- Black’s Cliff Resort: Red Pine Lodge
- Sand County: Tannenbaum Log Haus
The Conger Collection, Inc.: Eagle Point Private Residence
The Estrold Resort: Tamarack
The Conger Collection, Inc.: Island View II
Black’s Cliff Resort: Red Pine Lodge
Sand County: Tannenbaum Log Haus