Just because summer is winding down doesn’t mean you have to. Minnesota is a show off in the fall and for a good reason. The fall colors and the smell of the pine trees and crisp air makes a fall cabin vacation a true reprieve from the mundane. Walker, Minnesota is known for its many events and festivals with great shopping and dining as well. This strong community embraces those looking to explore the Leech Lake area with their friends and loved ones. Events such as Eelpout Festival in February and the Moondance Jam in July are prime reasons why there is something for everyone, anytime of the year. Here are reasons why you should definitely pack a bag and head out in the next few weeks though:
- Shores of Leech Lake is a great 3 bedroom vacation rental in the Leech Lake area with over 1,000 square feet. The best part? It’s pet friendly!
- Plan a trip to Northern Lights Casino for a rocking good time playing blackjack, slots and even catching live entertainment on the weekends. Be sure to check out the Country Showdown Midwest Regional Finals, this October, which is free!
- Golfing Tianna Country Club is a must. This scenic and well-manicured lawn is a course you won’t forget. Check out Hole #2!
- There are 2 protected harbors and covered slips for your boat. If you don’t have one, that’s fine too, Shores of Leech Lake have rentals! Check out the video of this marina and resort here!
- The lodge on the resort property can supply you with convenience items, pizza, laundry Wi-Fi, gas, bait and LOCALLY BREWED BEER so need to get off the resort if you don’t want, which we don’t blame you, it’s a beautiful resort. To view photos of the resort or to contact the owner, click this link!
- The sand beach and waterslide makes every kid happy to play and dip their toes in the sand.
- Cottage 2 has a charcoal grill and a lakeside fire pit and portable propane burners for Fish fry dinners and also perfect for heating up a big pot of dad’s chili.
- The Heartland Trail and the Paul Bunyan Trail are well known to be some of the best maintained and well thought out trails and they located adjacent to the cottage. It offers hiking or biking. And, in the winter, extraordinary snowmobiling.
- Open year round for great hunting, birding, hiking, snowmobiling, ice fishing, and more. You will never be bored. Maybe relaxed, but NEVER bored. Just ask the guys that keep coming back year after year.
- Honestly we didn’t 10 reasons. Just view the videos and photos and you will see why this a must do!
We have a serious addiction to cabin vacations. To check out the other states we have cabins, cottages, and resorts in, just click on the links below: