When booking your fall vacation, ice fishing weekend, or summer getaway it is always important to check off the necessities and must need amenities, is it not? That is essentially why rentals vs. hotels consistently come out with rentals on top. If you’re unsure why, think about it this way…
- Your booking is more personal than a mega hotel chain.
- Parking is not only closer but much more private and usually has space for your boats, etc.
- Pet Friendly. Your pet is part of the family too, don’t kennel them.
- They often provide fully stocked kitchen appliances and grills so you save loads of money on restaurant bills and can even cook in your pajamas.
- Most are lakefront or with a forest setting, can’t get that at a hotel chain on Main Street.
- Decks are much larger with furniture and fire pits for evening entertainment
- No shared hallways makes your evening bed time a lot more peaceful.
The list goes on and on….
What makes Shore of Leech Lake stand out? Shores of Leech Lake have all of these amenities mentioned above and even more!
Located on Leech Lake in Walker Bay, this resort has everything you need for fishing and boating needs. ll docks at Shores have 30-amp shore power, and a water faucet. Dock rental includes use of the ramp, gyn pole, pump-out facility, full kitchen, shower facilities, and the swimming beach. For power boats, some of Shores docks are covered for your convenience. Walleye counts have increased in the last few years. Be sure to get your fishing license beforehand as the resort does not sell them.
The Lodge at Shores of Leech Lake has an abundance of items while you stay. Enjoy free coffee in the morning, bait and firewood, locally brewed beer, pizza, Wi-Fi, laundry and more.
Each cottage has 3 bedrooms that sleep up to 8 people. The cottages come with Wi-Fi, central air, linens, bedding, kitchen appliances, and cable. Most cottages are PET FRIENDLY! Charcoal grill and fire pit are outside for fire cooking, marshmallow melting and evening storytelling under the stars.
That’s not just it!! View other resort amenities here:
- Free use of limited bikes
- Gas fireplaces
- Canoes and kayaks free of charge
- Sand beach and lake bottom
- Adjacent to Paul Bunyan Trail and Heartland Trail
- propane burners for fish fry
- watertoys and slides roped off shallow water and swimming raft
To view more photos, videos of each cottage, rates and to inquire more about the resort, please click here!
We’re pretty serious about our #cabintime. To view other state vacation rentals, click on our other websites!