As August comes to a close, we’re all reminded that summer 2012 is coming to an end. So here’s the splash of reality – here’s that time of year to get back into your routine. But before we get too ahead of ourselves, it’s time to capture this year’s summer trends.
Top 5 of WI Summer 2012
- The spontaneous getaway. Don’t get us wrong, we all love the vacations that merely take a year’s preparation, but this summer more and more vacations were taking last minute getaways and LOVED it. All we need is a few days to unwind, relax, and enjoy good company. So cheers to all the memories and all the laughs!
- So…where are the mosquitoes? Our dry (mostly) and hot (usually) WI summer brought a pleasant surprise! Instead of going through two bottles of mosquito spray, we only used half a bottle. How can we complain about that?
- The solution for the hot summer days – water. Warm summers are not going to stop us. Whatever it is: lake, pond, river, pool, we were all meeting in the waters to cool off.
- Traveling in packs. Here’s one trend we have picked up on, large groups traveling together. Maybe that means a family reunion or a group of great friends, but summer 2012 was definitely the summer to enjoy each others company.
- Bon Iver inspires. Winner of the 2012 Grammys best new artist goes to…(drum roll)..Bon Iver who recorded much of his music in the rural Fall Creek, Wisconsin. Alright, you got us, not everyone was rushing to Wisconsin to explore their musical abilities. But there was a trend to get out and do what you’re passionate about – bird watching, water recreation, hiking, biking, you name it.